Waterstones Children’s book prize 2013
I just saw the video for the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize 2013, and noticed two of my favorite books on the shortlist!
The overall winner for teen fiction was Ketchup Clouds, by Annabel Pitcher, and I’m not surprised by that at all. Ketchup Clouds was totally amazing! Click HERE for my review.
Also, Insignia made the shortlist, Wahey!
Carnegie Medal Shortlist
This is kinda late news, but here’s the shortlist: I’ll be updating this post and hyperlinking the book titles to my reviews once I read them, as I’m trying to read all of them!
- The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan (Bloomsbury)
- A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle (Marion Lloyd Books)
- Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner (Hot Key Books)
- In Darkness by Nick Lake (Bloomsbury)
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Bodley Head)
- Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick (Indigo)
- A Boy and a Bear in a Boat by Dave Shelton (David Fickling Books)
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (Electric Monkey)
–What book do you think should win the Carnegie Medal??