That’s the blog’s age, by the way, not mine… If I was four years old and blogging that would be an achievement….
Anyway! Four years ago this week, I was eleven and started my blog with the help of my dad. Back in 2011, this blog started as a kind-of sister blog to my dad’s – his was Books and Writers and mine was first named Books and Writers JNR. I had no idea how to navigate the blogging world and my firsts posts are pretty laughable – but looking back over what I’ve been able to do over these four years has been awesome.
Through blogging I’ve been able to do so much. I’ve never been a very snazzy blogger with a self-built website or anything, but have redesigned this blog so many times – even with a name change, to the current The Bibliomaniac. I’m so happy with the way this blog is right now and hope people who read it are, too.
I’ve learned a lot over four years, from web skills to graphic-design dabbling and building audiences over social media. I’ve also been lucky enough to meet people from the publishing world and the blogging world IRL – which is probably the best thing. All the people I talk to over emails and Twitter and Facebook are the coolest people to talk to. Thank you so much to all of the people who have sent me books for review – and also of course to everyone who reads and comments and shares!:D
I’m not one for organising cool events and things because a) time and b) procrastination so I’m going to celebrate this blogoversary with a little giveaway. Le winning prize pack:
HOW TO ENTER: LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG POST!
I won’t ask for a reason to win or something like that; your comment can be about literally anything like go ahead talk about unicorns whatever you want as long as it’s nice obvs 😛
Terms and Conditions and stuff:
- ONE winner will receive the prize– which consists of two books (pictures above) plus maybe book swag.
- I will pick a winner on the last day of May and will announce them on the same day or the first of June.
- I’ll announce the winner on my Twitter and Facebook pages so check those when the giveaway’s over!
- The prize may have to be sent in two packages due to the size of one book. We’ll see how easily I can get hold of a big enough jiffy bag.
- Sorry to everyone else internationally, but due to postage costs I can only afford to send this to somewhere in the UK.
- I will be picking a winner at random so it’s fair – by putting names into random.org.
Aaaaand… Yep that’s it! I am bad at writing this kind of post. I can never express my thanks enough. 😛 So again – thank you so, so much to everybody who I’ve met and who has helped me through blogging – whether publicist, blogger or reader. I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for four years. Time has gone so quickly but I’ve never gotten bored of doing this thing. 😀
Good luck if you’re entering the giveaway!